Certificate of Health IT Proficiency (CHITP)
Educate Simplify registration required
Author: Brian Johnson CHSP, CHSA / Olympia Resol:RN, MPH, CRNI, CARN (CEU)
Duration: 1h 0m / 15m (CEU)
Instructed by Stone River eLearning, Brian Johnson
***Build Health Technology Credibility! Join HIT industry expert Brian Johnson for detailed lessons to gain skills in HIT.***
602 students enrolled in this course
Healthcare Technology is a rapid growth industry, with increasing demand for skilled IT professionals who understand digital technology and the unique needs of healthcare clients and environments.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify and deploy the best technology for medical sites
- Understand implementation methodology for healthcare environments
- Manage EHR rollout and digital technology projects
- Explain HIPAA, HITECH, and Meaningful Use compliance requirements.
- Select proper encryption technology and employ encryption techniques in practice.
- Define most frequently used health technology terminology and much more…
The CHITP course is edited and narrated by industry expert Brian Johnson, Senior Director of Online Education at 4Medapproved. Brian has years of instructional experience in Health IT Security topics and has a unique talent for making complex subjects accessible and easy to understand.
Each topic area is presented through dynamic animated video, which will highlight important concepts and training goals. Downloadable support materials are also included. All lectures are followed by a brief assessment to cement comprehension. The final exam will help you to confirm your knowledge and achieve the 4Medapproved certification to demonstrate your proficiency.
This proven learning method helps to maximize retention while accommodating busy schedules and flexible training timelines.
The Certified Health IT Professional (CHITP) Course from 4Medapproved will help build a foundation of skill and credibility so that you may successfully address the needs of the unique healthcare technology market.
4Med Certifications are recognized and accepted by major healthcare employers, employment agencies, providers and professional organizations nationwide! Certify and Succeed with 4Medapproved!
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 8 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- Serve as a trusted technology adviser to medical professionals
- Make wise selections of computer hardware and other digital technology for medical sites, with an understanding of the special IT requirements of healthcare environments
- Support HIPAA and Meaningful Use compliance to protect privacy and security, helping providers meet government IT requirements
- Assist providers in selecting the best Electronic Health Record (EHR) platform for a particular medical site
- Implement EHR and other digital technology at medical sites
- Demonstrate understanding of the System Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) and how it applies to health IT, enabling oversight of HIT implementation
- Select robust encryption technology to meet provider needs, while understanding the importance of encryption for compliance and security in healthcare environments
- Recognize common industry terminology and acronyms, reinforcing industry credibility
“Covers all bases of HIT implementation at a high level. Good starting point!”
– Adam Silva
“The topics and lecture is awesome and very easy to follow.”
– Arun Parameswaran