Learn to Care & Support People Experiencing Mental Illness
Educate Simplify registration required
Author: Matthew Vose Mental Health Professional & Trainer / Olympia Resol:RN, MPH, CRNI, CARN (CEU)
Duration: 1h 0m / 30m (CEU)
Instructed by Matthew Vose
***Learn about the illnesses and the impacts. Understand the treatment options and techniques used to support individuals.***
436 students enrolled in this course
This course is designed to cover a large range of aspects involved with Mental Health Care. The course will be regularly updated with new sections added. It is delivered from the view point of a care worker / provider and will be useful for those wanting to embark on a career in mental health, want to learn more for personal reasons and those who are already working in care but would like to improve there ability to care for clients with mental illness.
Students will be introduced to the causes of mental illness and the various types of illnesses.
We will cover various illnesses such as;
- Bi-polar Affective Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
Students will develop an awareness of the signs and symptoms of these conditions and how they may affect people’s day-to-day lives.
The course is aimed at anyone with an interest of improving their knowledge of mental health including; healthcare workers, those seeking career progression, individuals with a personal experience of mental health and employers who would like to support their staff.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 10 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- You will understand the difference between mental health and mental illness.
- You will understand various types of illnesses and there symptoms.
- Be able to understand the classification systems used to diagnose mental illnesses.
- You will understand the various causes of mental illness.
- Be able to understand the impact of the illness on the individual and others.
- Be aware of various treatment options.
- Be aware of the support networks available.
“Very good Introduction to Mental Health and its symptoms. Very informative instructor and very supportive of comments made. Extremely friendly, interesting approach to learning and certainly a field I would like to further myself in. I learnt more about myself than anything else on this taster session. Highly recommended.”
– S. Hamid
“This is the first time I had attended an online training session and would certainly be looking for further sessions it was easy and very informative.”
– J. Willenhall