Medical Language for Allied Health Professionals
Educate Simplify registration required
Author: Parveen Inayat, Healthcare and MS Office Applications instructor at Udemy. / Olympia Resol:RN, MPH, CRNI, CARN
Duration: 9h 50m / 30m (CEU)
Instructed by Parveen Inayat
***Principles of Medical Terminology***
9 students enrolled in this course
Principles of Medical Terminology is designed to teach latest medical terminology, components of medical words like roots, suffixes and prefixes. It will teach engineering of medical words so that bigger and more complex words can be deciphered with little effort. It will prepare students to step into the most caring and rewarding profession, express their talents and abilities and communicate with physicians, dentists and other healthcare professionals.
Diagrams and other graphics are used extensively to explain concepts. Teaching is based upon widening knowledge base and right context in which medical terms are used rather than rote memorization of long lists.
If a career in medical is field your calling, capitalize your skills now! This and the courses to follow promise an experience to change your life.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 20 lectures and 9.5 hours of content!
- More than 8 hours of contents divided into 18 lectures . This covers chapter 1-4 of the text book.
- A review tutorial for above contents. Self-check exercises and quizzes for each chapter. A final quiz based on all four chapters.
- Downloadable additional information and supplementary material for lectures.
- Analyze a medical word into its basic components i.e. roots, suffixes, and prefixes
- Learn the meanings of common word components.
- Understand the principles governing the combination of these components to construct medical words.
- Apply this understanding to terminology related to body systems.
“The entire course is presented and organized in a systematic framework. The instructor is very knowledgeable of the topic. She offers an informative and engaging material throughout the four sections of the course by utilizing images,videos, diagrams and equation forms of the medical language (terminology). Those strategies of topic presentation made the process of learning fun and more interesting.”
-Jayza Mharie Llandado
“I have gone through many of lectures and quizzes by Dr Parveen. the presentations are easy to understand and are fantastic. Quizzes are helpful to revise the topic and assess yourself. I recommend this course for medical and allied health personals.”
– PROF MUHAMMD ZIA IQBAL