Wound Care for Health Providers
Author: Deborah Zaricor: MSN, RN, CWOCN, WOC
Duration: 1h 15m
Current Accreditation: California Board of Registered Nursing – 5.00 Hours – Reference number: CEP# 15273 / Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians – 5.00 Hours – Reference number: BVNPT# 1B-2497 & #V10750
*For CEU verification, ALL Health Professionals should create an account first.We apologize for the inconvenience.
This online self-study course is designed to provide health providers with the most up-to-date tools to allow delivery of successful treatment plans for wound healing and will refresh you on the very basic form of clinical practice, which is tending the wounds of the patients.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
1. Apply skin anatomy as to how it relates to wound healing.
2. Will discover which patients are at risk to develop a pressure ulcer and will utilize the appropriate pressure ulcer preventive interventions.
3. Give examples of the objectives of wound healing.
4. Differentiate between the types of wounds.
5. Distinguish the 6 stages of pressure ulcers.
6. Incorporate wound assessment skills with thorough documentation of wounds.