WOUND CARE ONLINE CEU
*For CEU verification, ALL Health Professionals should create an account first.We apologize for the inconvenience.
This online self-study course is designed to provide health providers with the most up-to-date tools to allow delivery of successful treatment plans for wound healing and will refresh you on the very basic form of clinical practice, which is tending the wounds of the patients.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Apply skin anatomy as to how it relates to wound healing.
- Will discover which patients are at risk to develop a pressure ulcer and will utilize the appropriate pressure ulcer preventive interventions.
- Give examples of the objectives of wound healing.
- Differentiate between the types of wounds.
- Distinguish the 6 stages of pressure ulcers.
- Incorporate wound assessment skills with thorough documentation of wounds.
Written by a CWOCN and designed for RNs, LVNs, RTs and CNAs, this online class is for the understanding of the prevalence and proper evidenced-based care of Ostomies.
Ostomy surgery is the construction of an opening in the intestinal or urinary tract for the purpose of removing waste materials from the body.
- Cancer of the colon, bladder, or rectum.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Inherited conditions, such as familial adenomatous polyposis.
- Birth defects.
- Stab and gunshot wounds.
Upon completion of this course, the student is expected to:
- Define ostomy surgery.
- Enumerate conditions that may require ostomy surgery.
- Identify different type of stoma and their location.
- List steps of basic pouching method.
- Identify steps of proper ostomy care.
FACE TO FACE WOUND ACADEMY
Why get certified with Educate Simplify?
✓ Earn Contact Hours (CEUs).
✓ Completing our WTA Program means you are qualified to sign as a Wound Care Specialist after your name (e.g. Jane Doe, WTA-C).
✓ WOCN are the preferred specialist called by the Justice Department for expert witness.
HOW INFLUENTIAL IS WOCN? If there is litigation, the courts will usually ask for a WOCN as their expert witness as opposed to any other licensure or certifications. WTA is a starter program created by WOCN. COMPETENCIES ADDRESSED: As a result of completion of the WTA Program, the learner is expected to have knowledge and to demonstrate satisfactory performance of the following clinical skills in simulated situations:
- Risk Assessment
- Pressure ulcer prevention
- Basic management of incontinence associated dermatitis and skin tears, documentation of Wound Status
- Application of a four-layer compression wrap and measuring and ankle brachial index.