Elderly Nutrition for CNAs
Author: Olympia Resol: RN, MPH, CRNI, CARN
Current Accreditation: California Board of Registered Nursing – 2.00 Hours – Reference number: CEP# 15273 / Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians – 2.00 Hours – Reference number: V10750 / California Department of Public Health (CDPH) – 4.00 Hours – Reference number: #7039
*For CEU verification, ALL Health Professionals should create an account first.We apologize for the inconvenience.
Are you working with elderly patients? How is their nutritional status? Are they eating adequately? This content provides a comprehensive course on the nutritional needs of elderly. Topics include the science of food nutrients, nutritional status assessment, risks and prevention of malnutrition.
When the student has finished the Elderly Nutrition module, he/she will be able to:
1. Identify principles of nutrition.
2. Describe physiologic need for nutrients.
3. Recognize factors that lead to variations in diet.
4. Discuss contributory factors and remedies to address age related dietary problems.
5. Demonstrate care for residents who have an inability to obtain adequate nutrition or fluid independently.
6. Describe measures that promote infection prevention and